4th Annual Duwamish River Festival August 23, 2008
This year's Duwamish River Festival will be held Saturday, August 23rd, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Duwamish Waterway Park in Seattle's South Park neighborhood.The address is 7900 10th Avenue S., Seattle. Click here for directions.
This free, fun, family-friendly environmental festival’s feature attraction is updates on the Duwamish River Superfund cleanup. This year’s event will have even more booths and activities including kayak tours on the river, live entertainment, water taxi rides, food, children’s activities, health information, tiny tots nail salon, an eco-friendly car wash demonstration, and more!
Program sponsors include: the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; the Washington State Department of Ecology; the Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition; King County; Port of Seattle; The Boeing Company; Seattle Public Utilities; Public Health - Seattle and King County; Puget Sound Clean Air Agency; Field Roast Grain Meat Co.; Alki Kayak Tours; Bluefield Holdings, Inc.; Cascade Land Conservancy; Alaskan Way Viaduct and Seawall Replacement Program; Windward Environmental; City of Tukwila; Global Diving and Salvage, Inc., and SeaMar Community Health Center. For information, please call Molly Morris, 425-649-7135 or email: email@example.com. Call 711 for Washington Relay Service. Persons with speech disability call 877-833-6341.
The following groups will perform at the Duwamish River Festival:
- Master of Ceremonies, Penny LeGate
- Stanley Alleyne - Caribbean Steel Drum Music
- Mexican Folk Dance group: Joyas Mestizas
- Duwamish Tribe T'ilibshudub “Singing Feet”
Directions to Festival at Duwamish Waterway Park, in South Park:
- From I-5, exit at Michigan/Corson Exit. Cross over Michigan and continue straight on Corson to East Marginal Way., turn left and head south to 16th Ave/South Park Bridge. Turn right to cross bridge, then immediate right on other side onto Dallas Ave. S. Follow Dallas to Southern, then left 1/2 block to 10th Ave S. Duwamish River Park is on the right.
- From 99 South, follow East Marginal Way South past 1st Ave Bridge (stay to Left at bridge, do not follow 99/509 across bridge). Follow East Marginal Way south to 16th Ave/South Park Bridge. Turn right to cross bridge, then immediate right on other side onto Dallas Ave. S. Follow Dallas to Southern, then left 1/2 block to 10th Ave S. Duwamish River Park is on the right.
- From 99 North, get off at the 14th Avenue Exit, follow 14th Avenue to Cloverdale and go left. At 10th Avenue go right, follow 10th for several blocks, the park is at the end of the street.
Directions to Gateway Park (8th Ave S. at S. Othello St); in Georgetown and you can ride the Water Taxi to the Festival:
- From I-5, exit at Michigan/Corson Exit. Cross over Michigan and continue straight on Corson to East Marginal Way. Turn left one block, then right onto 8th Ave S. at the T-21 nightclub, across from the Coliman Restaurant. Gateway Park North is 3 blocks east, on the river.
- From 99 S, follow East Marginal Way South past 1st Ave Bridge (stay to left at bridge; do not follow 99/509 across bridge). Turn right onto 8th Ave S. at the T-21 nightclub, across from the Coliman Restaurant.
Metro Bus Directions:
You can take the bus to the festival. See Metro’s Online Trip Planner.
South Seattle Bike Map:
You can also ride your bike to the festival. See South Seattle Bike Route Map.